Ph.D. (Ecotourism) Courses, highlights, Eligibility, How to apply, Admissions, Syllabus, Frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the Ph.D. in Ecotourism Course:
What is ecotourism? Ecotourism is a form of tourism its involving responsible travel to natural area, and conserving the environment and improving the well-being of local people.
Ph.D in Ecotourism:- A research-based doctoral course. The Ecotourism course intended to furnish under studies with abilities required in geology biology, ,management, economy and sports so as to build up the organization and the board of items and administrations related with ecotourism. Ecotourism responsible for
travel (using sustainable transport) to natural areas, and its improving the well being of the local people, and involves interpretation and education.
Students will receive training to carry out original research in this field. Graduate students must show that they have a solid grasp of scientific concepts and can apply them to occurred issues. Also, they need to be able to plan, conduct and examine studies as well as communicate understandably. Students will acquire expert knowledge necessary for employment success in the Ecotourism. Moreover, they will be encouraged to join professional organisations and speak about their research with regional and international audiences.
A Master’s degree in Ecotourism is required of applicants. Prospective students have at least 30 graduate credits in a related field of study to pursue a Ph.D.
The objective of Ecotourism is to minimize the impact brought about by tourism on the environment. The idea is to focus on uniting conservation, communities and sustainable development through travel.
Why to do the course?
1. Ecotourism Ph.D. programmes will call for in-depth research in a relevant topic. Candidates undergo safety extensive instruction in their chosen fields and become specialists in those fields.
2. There is a huge demand for research in Ecotourism is an important field that promotes stewardship of natural and cultural resources. And the local residents accrue economic and social benefits thereby contributing to project’s long term success.
3. Graduates with a Doctorate Ecotourism professionals might work for research institutions, sustainable resorts, travel businesses or non profit organizations (NGO’s).
4. Candidates for a PhD in Ecotourism have the chance to work as professors and lecturers in both public and private colleges and universities.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course Ph.D. in Ecotourism:
Students must meet the minimal eligibility requirements listed below in order to enrol in the PhD in Ecotourism programme:
1. A recognised university must provide the applicants with a Master’s degree in either Ecotourism.
2. For consideration for a PhD in Ecotourism, students must have a minimum Master’s grades average of 55%.
3. Candidates should be aware that different colleges may have different minimum necessary marks. Some institutions may set the required minimum as high as 60%.
4. During the interview, the applicants will be questioned about their research proposal, therefore they must have a clear understanding of it.
Highlights of thePh.D. in Ecotourism Course:
Full name of the course
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN ECOTOURISM
Duration of the course
3 to 5 years
Type of the course
Throughout their postgraduate coursework, students must have a minimum cumulative score of 55% (or 50% for candidates who fall under the SC/ST category).
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 2 lakhs
Top Recruiting Areas
Universities and Colleges, research institutions, sustainable resorts, travel businesses or non profit organizations (NGO’s) and many more.
Researcher, speaker, Tour guide, Naturalist, Resort Manager, Community outreach coordinator and many others.
Top Colleges for the course, Ph.D. in Ecotourism course:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, Ph.D. in Ecotourism.
College Name & Location
Banaras Hindu University – BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Chaitanya (Deemed to be University) Telangana
CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Karnatka
Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute, Tamilnadu
Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, uttrakhand
Kakatiya University, Telangana
Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Rajasthan
Pacific University, Rajasthan
Pondicherry University, pudduchery
Admission Process for the Ph.D. in Ecotourism course:
1. Students must register for the admission exam on the conducting body’s official website.
2. Candidates must complete the online application form by entering their personal and academic information after generating a login ID.
3. Document uploading Candidates must upload the required paperwork at this phase, including their photo, signature, proof of identification, class 10 and 12 certificates, etc.
4. Candidates must save and download the application after paying the application fee for their records.
5. The admission authorities will issue the admit cards to the qualified students based on the record of the information given by the students.
6. The results of the entrance exam they have taken will be made public by the admissions authorities after the exam.
7. The shortlisted applicants have to appear for subsequent admission processes such as group discussion and personal interview.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course Ph.D. in Ecotourism Course:
The syllabus for a PhD in Ecotourism may very depending on institution and program but typically includes the below topics:-
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. how many years for Ph.D in ecotourism in India?
Answer. The duration of Ph. D in Ecotourism is three years
Question. What qualification required for PhD in tourism?
Answer. Travel and Tourism Eligibility. Students who wants to take admission in Ph. D. must have a post graduate degree in Travel and Tourism and at least 55% marks from a recognized university and must have clear National entrance examination or university level entrance examination.
Question. What are the opportunities of eco-tourism?
Answer. career in ecotourism have it all the opportunity to make a difference for wildlife, habitats and local communities, the adventure and excitement of travel, meaningful global connections and perhaps even a chance to explore your entrepreneurial side.
Question. What are the biggest challenges for ecotourism?
Answer. The challenges for ecotourism is Threats to Indigenous Cultures, Degradation of the Ecosystem May Still Occur and Growing Number of Ecotourism Organizations Working For Profit.
Question. expected salary for Ph.D degree holders in india?
Answer. Depending on the sector you choose, expertise, and skill set, and the expected salary for PhD holders ranges from Rs 6,00,000 to Rs 12,00,000.