PhD Electrical Admission 2023: Application Form, Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Top Colleges
Chandigarh University offers a Ph.D program in Electrical Engineering which aims to prepare students to undertake research in various areas of Electrical Engineering. Some of the key highlights of the program are:
- Program Name: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering
- Duration: Minimum 3 years and maximum 6 years
- Eligibility: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university. Candidates with a GATE/NET/SLET or equivalent qualification are preferred.
- Selection Process: The selection process consists of an entrance test and an interview conducted by the university. The entrance test consists of a written test followed by a personal interview. The weightage for the written test and personal interview is 70% and 30% respectively.
- Coursework: The Ph.D. program in Electrical Engineering at Chandigarh University includes coursework in research methodology, advanced topics in Electrical Engineering, and an elective course. The coursework is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake independent research.
- Research Areas: The program offers research opportunities in areas such as Power Systems, Control Systems, Renewable Energy, High Voltage Engineering, Instrumentation and Measurements, etc.
- Financial Assistance: Chandigarh University offers financial assistance in the form of research fellowships to eligible candidates. The fellowships are available for a maximum of 5 years and include a stipend of INR 31,000 per month.
- Facilities: The program is supported by a state-of-the-art research infrastructure, including modern laboratories, computing facilities, and a well-stocked library.
Note: The above information is based on the cutoff dates of 2021 and is subject to change.
Ph.D Electrical Eligibility - Chandigarh University
To be eligible for the Ph.D in Electrical Engineering program at Chandigarh University, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant field with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant field and have a valid GATE score with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a M.Sc. degree in Physics or Electronics with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks and a valid GATE score can also apply.
- Candidates who have a M.Tech or M.E degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university can also apply.
Note: The eligibility criteria may vary from year to year and it is recommended to check the official website of Chandigarh University for the latest updates.
Why to do Ph.d Electrical from Chandigarh University?
Chandigarh University is known for its excellent research facilities and infrastructure, making it a great choice for pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. Here are some reasons why you should consider pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Chandigarh University:
Strong Research Focus: The university has a strong research focus and encourages students to participate in research activities from an early stage. This provides students with ample opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research and contribute to the field.
State-of-the-art Infrastructure: The university has state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern equipment for research and teaching purposes. This allows students to conduct experiments and research in a conducive environment.
Expert Faculty: The faculty members of the Electrical Engineering department are experts in their respective fields, and have extensive research and industry experience. They guide students in their research work and help them develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become successful researchers.
Collaboration Opportunities: The university has collaborations with leading research institutions and industries, providing students with opportunities to work on interdisciplinary projects and engage in collaborative research.
Career Opportunities: A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Chandigarh University opens up a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in academia, research, and industry. Graduates can work as researchers, professors, consultants, or engineers in various sectors such as electronics, communication, power systems, and renewable energy.
Overall, pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Chandigarh University provides students with an excellent opportunity to gain advanced knowledge and skills in the field and become leaders in their respective areas of interest.
Highlight in Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University
Here are some highlights of the Ph.D in Electrical program from Chandigarh University in tabular format:
|Program Name||Ph.D in Electrical|
|Duration||Minimum 3 years|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation/Control/Mechatronics/Computer Science Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories)|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance exam followed by an interview|
|Specializations||Power Systems, Power Electronics, Control Systems, Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Renewable Energy, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Image Processing|
|Coursework||Research Methodology, Advanced Mathematics, Specialization-specific core courses|
|Research Areas||Power system stability and control, Renewable energy integration, Microgrids, Power quality improvement, Intelligent controllers, Control of electric drives, Robotics and automation, Computer vision, Pattern recognition, Deep learning|
|Research Facilities||High-performance computing clusters, Power system simulation software, Advanced controllers, Robotics and automation tools, Image processing and computer vision tools|
|Financial Assistance||Research Assistantships and Teaching Assistantships are available for eligible candidates|
|Career Opportunities||Academic positions, Research and Development (R&D) in industries, Government and Public Sector Units (PSUs), Consultancy, Entrepreneurship, and more|
Admission Process (2023) in Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University
Chandigarh University has not yet released the detailed admission process for the Ph.D Electrical program for the academic year 2023. However, based on the previous year’s admission process, the tentative steps involved in the admission process are:
Online Application: Candidates have to apply online by filling in the necessary details and paying the application fee.
Entrance Exam: Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are required to appear for a written test conducted by the university.
Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates are called for a personal interview conducted by the university.
Final Selection: Based on the performance in the entrance exam and personal interview, the university prepares the final merit list for admission.
Admission: Selected candidates are required to pay the admission fee and complete the admission formalities to confirm their admission to the Ph.D Electrical program at Chandigarh University.
Syllabus of Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University
Here is the syllabus for Ph.D Electrical Engineering program at Chandigarh University:
- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced Electromagnetic Theory
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Modern Control Theory
- Digital Signal Processing
- Research Methodology
- Optimization Techniques for Power Systems
- Advanced Power System Analysis
- High Voltage Engineering
- Advanced Control Systems
- Communication Engineering
- Seminar I
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
- Advanced Electrical Machines
- Advanced Power Electronics
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Electrical Circuit Analysis using Laplace Transform
- Seminar II
- Modern Power System Operation and Control
- Advanced Power System Protection
- Advanced Power System Stability and Control
- Solid State Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Measurements and Instrumentation
- Seminar III
- Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS)
- Distributed Generation and Smart Grid
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Digital Control Systems
- Seminar IV
Please note that the syllabus may be subject to change and students should refer to the official website of the university for the latest updates.
Scope After Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University
FAQs for Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University
Here are some frequently asked questions about Ph.D in Electrical Engineering from Chandigarh University:
- What is the duration of the Ph.D Electrical program at Chandigarh University?
- The Ph.D Electrical program at Chandigarh University is a full-time research-based program that takes a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years to complete.
- What is the eligibility criteria for Ph.D Electrical at Chandigarh University?
- Candidates who have completed their Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) are eligible to apply for Ph.D Electrical at Chandigarh University. In addition, candidates must also clear the university’s entrance test and interview process.
- What is the admission process for Ph.D Electrical at Chandigarh University?
- The admission process for Ph.D Electrical at Chandigarh University involves the following steps:
- Application: Candidates need to apply online through the university’s website and pay the application fee.
- Entrance Test: Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria need to appear for the university’s entrance test.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Final Selection: Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the entrance test and interview.
- What is the course curriculum for Ph.D Electrical at Chandigarh University?
- The course curriculum for Ph.D Electrical at Chandigarh University includes coursework in research methodology, advanced topics in electrical engineering, and elective courses related to the candidate’s research area. The program is research-based, and candidates are required to conduct original research and write a dissertation.
- What is the scope of Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University?
- Ph.D Electrical from Chandigarh University opens up various career opportunities in academia, research and development, and industry. Graduates can work as researchers, professors, engineers, and consultants in various fields such as power systems, control systems, communication systems, and signal processing.