Ph.D. (in Human Rights) Courses, highlights, Eligibility and Criteria, How to apply, Admissions, Syllabus, Career, Jobs and salary, frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the Ph.D. in Human Rights:
What is Human Rights? Human rights are often protected by both domestic and international law as moral principles of rules for particular standards of human behaviour.
PhD in Human Rights:- A full-time doctoral programme in human rights is called a PhD in human rights. The politics and policies of the government are covered in the Ph.D. course on human rights. This course teaches students about the numerous laws and regulations that the government enacts to protect each citizen’s human rights, such as the rights of women and children, the human rights from historical and philosophical viewpoints, the criminal justice system, and other legislation.
In Doctorate’s degree in Human Rights, A Student must have received a minimum marks 55% in their Master’s or M.phil degree in Sociology or Literature or any equivalent course in order to eligible for PhD in Human Rights. Based on admission exam, the candidate will be picked.
Why to do the course?
• Forestry Ph.D. programmes will call for in-depth research in a relevant topic. Candidates undergo safety extensive instruction in their chosen fields and become specialists in those fields.
• Human Rights is an important field; Human rights cover a wide range of rights, such as the freedom from slavery and torture, the right to life and liberty, the freedom of speech, the right to a job and an education, among many more. These rights apply to everyone without exception.
• Graduates with a Doctorate Human Rights might work for colleges and universities as full-time professors and researchers, sharing their expertise with graduate and undergraduate students as they continue to advance knowledge in the field.
• Candidates for a PhD in Human Rights have the chance to work as Human Rights Officers, Human Rights Advocates, Human Rights lawyers, and numerous others
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course Ph.D. in Human Rights:
Students must meet the minimal eligibility requirements listed below in order to enrol in the PhD in Human Rights:• A recognised university must provide the applicants with a Master’s degree in either Human Right.
• For consideration for a PhD in Human Right, students must have a minimum Master’s grades average of 55%.
• Candidates should be aware that different colleges may have different minimum necessary marks. Some institutions may set the required minimum as high as 60%.
• During the interview, the applicants will be questioned about their research proposal; therefore they must have a clear understanding of it.
Highlights of the Ph.D. in Human Right:
Full name of the course
Doctor of Philosophy in Human Right
Duration of the course
3 to 5 years (full time)
Type of the course
Throughout their postgraduate coursework, students must have a minimum cumulative score of 55% (or 50% for candidates who fall under the SC/ST category).
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 100000 to 500000.
Top Recruiting Areas
international development, governance, human rights, north-south relations, and conflict and security.
Human Rights Officers, Human Rights Advocates, Human Rights lawyers, and numerous others
Top Colleges for the course, Ph.D. in Human Right course:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, Ph.D. in Forestry:-
College Name & Location
Shoolini University, Solan
Flora Foundation, Mumbai
Kalinga Kusum Foundation – Bhubaneshwar.
Tata Institute of Social Science – Mumbai.
National Human Rights Commission of India – Delhi.
Admission Process for the Ph.D. in Human Right course:
• Students must register for the admission exam on the conducting body’s official website.
• Candidates must complete the online application form by entering their personal and academic information after generating a login ID.
• Document uploading Candidates must upload the required paperwork at this phase, including their photo, signature, proof of identification, class 10 and 12 certificates, etc.
• Candidates must save and download the application after paying the application fee for their records.
• The admission authorities will issue the admit cards to the qualified students based on the record of the information given by the students.
• The results of the entrance exam they have taken will be made public by the admissions authorities after the exam.
• The shortlisted applicants have to appear for subsequent admission processes such as group discussion and personal interview.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course Ph.D. in Human Right:
|In first Year|
|· Organizations, Systems, and Instruments of Human Rights|
|· Theoretical and Conceptual Understanding of Human Rights|
|· Research Methodology|
|· Contemporary Issues and Situations of Human Rights|
|· Human Rights and Duties In India|
|· Global Human Rights System|
|· Criminal Justice System and Human Rights in India|
|In Second Year|
|· Action-based themes in Human Rights|
|· Concept-based themes in Human Rights|
|· Legislation based themes in Human Rights|
|· Issue-based themes in Human Rights|
|· Refugee based themes in Human Rights|
|· Violation based themes in Human Rights|
|· Thesis and Report Writing|
|· Teaching, Awareness, Implementation, and Research.|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. How many years required for Ph.D in Human Right in India?
Answer. The duration of Ph. D in Human Right is minimum three years.
Question: What is the scope of PhD in Human Right?
Answer: Ph. D. in Human Right graduate can opportunities in various field such as activism for human rights, NGOs, international organisations, governmental entities, research institutions, educational institutions, and journalism.
Question. Can I do PhD in Human Rights?
Answer. The PhD in Human Rights and Global Politics is thought to be very interdisciplinary and aims to give students the knowledge they need to conduct methodical academic research and become professionals in the human rights sector.
Question. Expected salary for Ph.D degree holders in india?
Answer. Depending on the sector you choose, expertise, and skill set, and the expected salary for PhD holders ranges from Rs 3,00,000 to Rs 8,00,000.