Ph.D. (Microbial Technology) Courses, highlights, Eligibility and Criteria, How to apply, Admissions, Syllabus, Career, Jobs and salary, frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the Ph.D. in Microbial Technology:
A research-based doctoral Program is and advanced degree that requires the mastery of knowledge and skills related to the field and the course is designed to prepare students for a career in teaching and research, collaborate the study of molecular biology, biology and biotechnology. Typically this postgraduate program is minimum length of three years to five years.
In Doctorate’s degree in Microbial Technology, A Student must have received a minimum marks 55% in their M.Sc., M.Tech., or M.S. in Microbial Biotechnology in order to eligible for PhD in Microbial Technology. Based on admission exam, the candidate will be picked.
Why to do the course?
1. Microbial Technology Ph.D. programmes will call for in-depth research in a relevant topic. Candidates undergo safety extensive instruction in their chosen fields and become specialists in those fields.
2. PhD in Microbial Technology deliver candidates with advanced knowledge and skills in a field that is censorious to promoting Microbial Biotechnology, enabled by genome studies, will lead to advancement such as improved microbial agents for bilogical control of plant and animals, modifications of animal, plant and humans pathogens for reduced virulence development.
3. Graduates with a Doctorate Microbial Technology might work for research institutions, school, colleges, and sports academy, etc.
4. Candidates for a PhD in Microbial Technology have the chance to work as professors and lecturers in both public and private colleges and universities.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course Ph.D. in Microbial Technology:
Students must meet the minimal eligibility requirements listed below in order to enrol in the PhD in Microbial Technology:
1. A recognised university must provide the applicants with a Master’s degree in either Microbial Technology.
2. For consideration for a PhD in Microbial Technology, students must have a minimum Master’s grades average of 55%.
3. Candidates should be aware that different colleges may have different minimum necessary marks. Some institutions may set the required minimum as high as 60%.
4. During the interview, the applicants will be questioned about their research proposal; therefore they must have a clear understanding of it.
Highlights of the Ph.D. in Integrative Medicine Course:
Full name of the course
Doctor of Philosophy in Microbial Technology
Duration of the course
3 to 5 years
Type of the course
Throughout their postgraduate coursework, students must have a minimum cumulative score of 55% (or 50% for candidates who fall under the SC/ST category).
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 5 lakhs
Top Recruiting Areas
Universities and Colleges, laboratories for quality assurance, research institutes, health, virology, immunology, agriculture, seed technology, plant physiology, cell biology and many more.
Researcher, speaker, Biochemist, Microbiologist, Biomedical Engineer and many others.
Top Colleges for the course, Ph.D. in Microbial Technology:
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, Ph.D. in Microbial Technology:-
College Name & Location
Presidency College, Chennai
St. Xavier’s College – [SXC], Kolkata
PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
Mithibai College of Arts, Mumbai
Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College, Mumbai
B.K Birla College Of Arts Science & Commerce, Thane
Lady Brabourne College – [LBC], Kolkata
Admission Process for the Ph.D. in Microbial Technology:
1. Students must register for the admission exam on the conducting body’s official website.
2. Candidates must complete the online application form by entering their personal and academic information after generating a login ID.
3. Document uploading Candidates must upload the required paperwork at this phase, including their photo, signature, proof of identification, class 10 and 12 certificates, etc.
4. Candidates must save and download the application after paying the application fee for their records.
5. The admission authorities will issue the admit cards to the qualified students based on the record of the information given by the students.
6. The results of the entrance exam they have taken will be made public by the admissions authorities after the exam.
7. The shortlisted applicants have to appear for subsequent admission processes such as group discussion and personal interview.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course Ph.D. in Microbial Technology:
The syllabus for a PhD in Microbial Technology may very depending on institution and program but typically includes the below topics:-
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: how many years for Ph.D in Microbial Technology in India?
Answer. The duration of Ph. D in Microbial Technology minimum is three years
Question: What qualification required for PhD in Microbial Technology?
Answer. Microbial Technology Eligibility. Students who wants to take admission in Ph. D. must have a post graduate degree in Microbial Technology at least 55% marks from a recognized university and must have clear National entrance examination or university level entrance examination.
Question. What does Microbial Technology entail?
Answer. Microbial Technology defined as production and uses of economical bacteria, yeasts, molds and viruses and reviews the technologies associated with microbial metabolism products
Question. what’s the scope of Ph.D in Microbial Technology?
Answer. Ph. D. in microbiology opens a variety of career paths, from scientific research to teaching. Students may also choose to pursue a career in the medical field, as researchers are in high demand in hospitals and laboratories.
Question. expected salary for Ph.D degree in Microbial Technology holders in india?
Answer. Depending on the sector you choose, expertise, and skill set, and the expected salary for PhD holders ranges from Rs 6,00,000 to Rs 12,00,000.