Ph.D. (Natural Product Chemistry) Courses, highlights, Eligibility and Criteria, How to apply, Admissions, Syllabus, Career, Jobs and salary, frequently asked Questions.
Overview and About the Ph.D. in Natural Product Chemistry:
What is Ph.D in Natural Product Chemistry? Ph.D in Natural Product Chemistry is highly specialized degree. This course includes research and studies of organic compounds acquire from plants and animals.
Ph. D. program in Natural Product Chemistry can lead to a diversity of challenging research opportunities in drug discovery. The program consists of an disciplinary plan, coursework, and research that focuses on testing a novel hypothesis.
In Doctorate’s degree in Natural Product Chemistry, A Student must have received a minimum marks 55% in their M.Sc., M.Tech., or M.S. in Natural Product Chemistry in order to eligible for PhD in Natural Product Chemistry. Based on admission exam, the candidate will be picked.
Why to do the course?
1. Natural Product Chemistry Ph.D. programmes will call for in-depth research in a relevant topic. And it’s focused Plant and Animal metabolism will help them to identify potential compounds for drugs.
2. A Ph.D in Natural Product Chemistry degree holder can also work in the government and other major organizations. Are these positions like research and development, quality control, pharmacology, and process engineering and many more
3. There is a huge demand for A Ph.D in Natural Product Chemistry degree holder can attain employment in government and in major organizations. These positions include research and development, quality control, pharmacology, and process engineering. They can also pursue a career in the education line as a lecturer or professor.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the Course Natural Product Chemistry:
Students must meet the minimal eligibility requirements listed below in order to enrol in the PhD in Natural Product Chemistry:
1. A recognised university must provide the applicants with a Master’s degree in either Natural Product Chemistry.
2. For consideration for a PhD in Natural Product Chemistry, students must have a minimum Master’s grades average of 55%.
3. Candidates should be aware that different colleges may have different minimum necessary marks. Some institutions may set the required minimum as high as 60%.
4. During the interview, the applicants will be questioned about their research proposal; therefore they must have a clear understanding of it.
Highlights of the Ph.D. in Natural Product Chemistry Course:
Full name of the course
Doctor of Philosophy in Natural Product Chemistry
Duration of the course
3 to 5 years
Type of the course
Throughout their postgraduate coursework, students must have a minimum cumulative score of 55% (or 50% for candidates who fall under the SC/ST category).
Entrance/ Merit Based
INR 1 lakh to 5 lakhs
Top Recruiting Areas
Universities and Colleges, research institutions, Research Centres, Quality Control Laboratories, ETC.
Researcher, speaker, professor, research scientist, laboratory managers, research assistants, veterinary medicine and food and nutrition, etc.
Top Colleges for the course, Ph.D. in Natural Product Chemistry
Check out the list of top colleges given below for doing the course, Ph.D. in Natural Product Chemistry:-
College Name & Location
Indian Institute of Science, Bengluru
Amity University, Noida
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Chandigarh University, Mohali
Admission Process for the Ph.D. in Natural Product Chemistry course:
• Students must register for the admission exam on the conducting body’s official website.
• Candidates must complete the online application form by entering their personal and academic information after generating a login ID.
• Document uploading Candidates must upload the required paperwork at this phase, including their photo, signature, proof of identification, class 10 and 12 certificates, etc.
• Candidates must save and download the application after paying the application fee for their records.
• The admission authorities will issue the admit cards to the qualified students based on the record of the information given by the students.
• The results of the entrance exam they have taken will be made public by the admissions authorities after the exam.
• The shortlisted applicants have to appear for subsequent admission processes such as group discussion and personal interview.
Syllabus to be Study in the duration of the course Ph.D. in Natural Product Chemistry Course:
The syllabus for a PhD in Natural Product Chemistry may very depending on institution and program but typically includes the below topics:-
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. What qualification required for PhD in Natural Product Chemistry?
Answer. Ph.D in Natural Product Chemistry Eligibility. Students who wants to admission in Ph. D. must have a post graduate degree in Natural Product Chemistry at least 55% marks from a recognized university and must have clear National entrance examination or university level entrance examination.
Question. how many years for Ph.D in Natural Product Chemistry in India?
Answer. The duration of Ph. D in Natural Product Chemistry minimum is three years to five years
Question: How do I become a natural product chemist?
Answer. You may be able to get started in natural products chemistry as a chemical technician with an associate’s degree. To advance in the field, however, you’ll need to have at least a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biology.
Question: what is The scope of Ph.d in Natural Product Chemistry?
Answer. Graduates of a PhD in Natural Product Chemistry program are well-prepared for careers in academic research and development, and other fields. They have skills and knowledge needed to conduct independent research, publish scientific papers, and teach at the university level.
Question: expected salary for Ph.D degree holders in india?
Answer. Depending on the sector you choose, expertise, and skill set, and the expected salary for PhD holders ranges from Rs 6,00,000 to Rs 12,00,000.