PhD Pharmacy Admission 2023: Application Form, Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Top Colleges
PhD Pharmacy is a 3 to 5 years research based course through which researchers gain a top to bottom comprehension of a particular subject connected with pharmacy sciences.
To be confessed to a PhD program, you should have a PG degree. In certain fields, finishing a master’s degree in way of thinking (M.Phil.) is expected prior to starting a PhD program.
Admission to PhD courses is normally entranced-based. A few organizations, notwithstanding, may lead admission through merit-based assessment. Colleges might direct entrance exams of their own or the National level exams like UGC NET can be utilized by them.
A portion of the top organizations offering PhD Pharma are the National Establishment of Drug Training and Research, Mohali, Foundation of Substance Innovation, Mumbai, Manipal School of Drug Sciences, Manipal, Indian Foundation of Innovation, Varanasi, and so on.
The PhD Pharmacy makes candidates profoundly employable and different work profiles like Researcher, Drug specialist, Biomedical researcher, Drug Agent, Logical Chemist, Aide Teacher are accessible to them with normal yearly pay rates going between INR 2 LPA – INR 10 lacs.
Ph.D. Pharmacy Course Highlights
Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy
Average tuition fee
INR 50,000 – INR 4.5 Lakhs
Top Recruiting Companies
Max Healthcare, Fortis Kailash Hospital, Accenture, Dr Lal Pathlabs Limited, AIIMS, Sun Pharma, Dr Reddy’s Lab, etc.
Assistant Manager, Assistant Professor, Clinical Pharmacist, Counter Salesman, Pharmacy Coordinator, Pharmacy In-charge, Pharmacy Manager, Professor & Associate Professor, Purchase Specialist
INR 3 LPA – INR 10 LPA
About the Ph.D. Pharmacy Course?
• PhD Pharmacy is a subject that spotlights on the techniques for making and administering drugs.
• Students chasing after a Pharmacy degree will comprehend how different meds impact the human body and brain, as well as how they communicate when joined.
• A PhD in Pharmacy is a research-put together degree centering with respect to the subjects of digestion and biostatistics, irresistible sickness, human pharmacology, and therapeutics.
• This course will teach you to utilize complex research capacities according to new medication revelations, clinical leap forwards, and the course of circulation to customers, i.e., patients.
• Candidates who have a talent for critical thinking, the ability to think obviously and deliberately and have abilities lining up with research and investigation are generally reasonable for the course.
Ph.D. Pharmacy Admission Process
In the majority of India’s driving colleges, admission to PhD pharmacy programs is reliant upon national or state-level entrance exams. Simultaneously, a few different organizations and colleges perform merit-based assessments for PhD admissions.
Individual meetings performed by the separate division instructors of the organizations are much of the time embraced before admission to this program.
Ph.D. Pharmacy Eligibility
• To be owned up to a PhD program, you should have a master’s degree. In certain fields, finishing a master’s degree in way of thinking (M.Phil.) is expected prior to starting a PhD program.
• Candidates should have a master’s or identical degree in any area of science in a pertinent discipline of pharmacy or comparable with no less than 60% aggregate and be qualified for get a Lesser Research Partnership in the wake of finishing the CSIR/UGC NET, DBT JRF Examination (a class) and being qualified for a meeting.
Ph.D. Pharmacy Entrance Exams
Name of Exam
Application Period (Tentative)
Exam Date (Tentative)
1st week of June 2023
Ph.D. Pharmacy Syllabus
Drug Discovery and Development
Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Research Methodology & Information Communication Technology
Basic principles and pharmaceutical applications
Novel Drug Delivery Systems
Pharmacological Screening and Assays
Bioavailability & Bioequivalence
Rational Drug Use & Essential Drug Concept
Ph.D. Pharmacy Top Colleges in India
Average Fees (INR)
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
JSS College of Pharmacy, Udagamandalam
Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
INR 51, 510
Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy & Technology Management, Mumbai
Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology
Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
Ph.D. Pharmacy Jobs
Average Annual Starting Salary
INR 3.5 LPA
INR 9 LPA
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
INR 1.75 LPA
INR 6 LPA
INR 2.5 LPA
INR 5 LPA